The Swiss scored 10 goals against the Somalis in the match for 9th place at the world Cup
On March 5, in Irkutsk, at the Record stadium, the teams of Somalia and Switzerland met in the first match for the 9th place of the world bandy championship among the teams of group B.
Probably, only the most desperate fans of the hockey squad from the African country hoped that their favorites would be able to give a real fight to their rivals. But at least the Somalis could be counted on to score at least once in this world Cup.
Of course, Magnus Mur's charges could not be denied the effort, but it was not enough even for a single accurate blow. But the Swiss sent ten goals to the Somalis, five in each half - 0:10. Vitaly Iglin (four times) and Guillaume Buff (three times) were particularly successful in scoring attacks.
Tomorrow, March 6, the teams will cross their clubs again, now in Shelekhov at the Builder stadium.
Pierre rose, head coach of the Swiss national team:
– I am not happy with the actions of my players in the first half. They didn't play the way they were supposed to. And after the break, the guys played a real bendy, especially they managed the final 20 minutes. At the same time, they could add more.
Magnus Moore, head coach of the Somali national team:
– We are very upset with the result, we did not succeed. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
– At this world Cup, does your team have any progress in game components?
- Unfortunately, we did not achieve significant progress, there were both objective and subjective reasons for this. We expected more improvements in the game.
Yann Jeanneret, Swiss national team player:
– Of course, I am happy with the confident victory, in principle, this is what we expected. Although we wanted to play even better.
Press center of the V girls world championship U-17